Our wedding day - July 3, 2010



Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A DAY IN THE LIFE: PEANUT'S FIRST REAL PHOTO

I went to see Dr. Thompson on Monday, May 17th. I wasn't scheduled for my normal visit until the following week, but due to some unexpected spotting, I scheduled an earlier appointment. This would be my first "official" OB visit, and Dr. Thompson did a full exam, including a sonogram. He said that he wasn't worried about the spotting at all. I was still in my 12th week at that time (the very end of my first trimester), and Doc said that spotting during the first trimester is pretty common but that it should taper off after the end of my 13th week (when the second trimester begins).












This is the first sonogram picture we have where you can actually see the baby. This picture is like an aerial view with us looking down on little Peanut. You can see sort of a skeletal looking baby, with the head on the left and body to the right. Eye sockets, a nose, and mouth appear to be visible here. At this point, the baby is just over two inches long, about the size of a lime, and weighs about an ounce! Doc Thompson says that everything looks great and Peanut is right where she should be as far as development is concerned.

We have another appointment scheduled for Tuesday, June 15th. At that point I will be almost 17 weeks along, well into my second trimester and possibly far enough along to try and determine the baby's gender! Ryan and I are both looking forward to that appointment and anxious to see if Peanut will give us a good show!

1 comment:

  1. Baby's first photo! How exciting!!! You'll be amazed at how much he or she will grow between this photo and the next one in four or five weeks. It's truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete